Do you suffer with any of the following symptoms?
- Joint pain/stiffness/swelling
- Red, inflamed joints
- Muscle weakness
- Balance problems
- Back, neck, knee, hip, or shoulder pain
Are you afraid the pain is getting worse? Do you want results but are not getting any?
This is what it feels like to suffer from arthritis. There are over one hundred types of arthritis with osteoarthritis being the most common. Osteoarthritis is basically wear and tear. As we age, our bodies become less and less efficient at rebuilding and repairing and eventually our bodies start to break down causing pain, typically in joints. Millions of Americans are affected by osteoarthritis and in severe cases, it can be debilitating.
What you can do
- Exercise: Regular exercise can help muscles strengthen and stabilize joints. Exercise can also help you maintain a healthy weight.
- Diet: A diet low in inflammatory foods and high in foods with good fats along with plenty of fruits and vegetables is key.
- Supplements: Vitamin D along with glucosamine and chondroitin are supplements that have shown benefits to those suffering with arthritis.
Traditional Treatment Options
- Medications: Over the counter and prescription pain relievers are often recommended. These help with the pain but do not address the problem.
- Surgery: This may be recommended in severe cases.
Other Treatment Options
- Chiropractic Care
Acupuncture provides pain relief and healing for many who thought they had no other options. Acupuncture has an analgesic effect (pain relief), decreases inflammation, increases blood flow and helps the body heal damaged tissues. Acupuncture can relieve symptoms and slow or even stop the progression of the disease.
For those who suffer, acupuncture can offer hope to those who feel hopeless. Start getting your life back today, tomorrow often turns in to never.
Princeton Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
Our patients know just how effective treatments are for these and a host of other problems. Steven Hoffman, a New Jersey Licensed Acupuncturist and Diplomate in Oriental Medicine, will provide you with a thorough intake and evaluation and a clear, comprehensive diagnosis and treatment plan that will insure that your goals are met or exceeded. Do you want to move past these or other problems? We will help you thrive not just survive!